The packaging is an inevitable aspect of our lives. As individuals, we use packaging products when we shift from our house into a new space and to safeguard our valuable products. But most importantly, packaging products are used in businesses when they store items and ship them.
We now live in a world that revolves around the internet. Therefore, people more likely tend to buy stuff, from the comfort of their homes. And so, if you are running an online store or a physical store which ships object to your customers, no doubt you would gain a lot of profit from your business. But, you should also be aware of the risks that entail. As you would be sending your items through a third party delivery partner, there are risks of your products being handled roughly, pushed and pulled, causing bruising, denting and damage of the product.
In most cases, the items are stored in a warehouse for a considerable amount of time, where it may be stacked. Stacking though saving space, isn’t always good for your products. At the same time, you can’t go to each customer and deliver the items yourself. And that is why you need packaging aids. They let you send your products through a delivery partner, but still, sit back and relax, without having a fear of facing loses and losing the reputation of your brand.
One such packaging aid are the cardboard edge protectors. But if you are not sure about what these edge protectors are and what are its benefits, you can keep reading to get some valuable piece of information.
What Are Cardboard Edge Protectors?
These are solid boards which are at right angles and mostly made from recycled cardboard and other reusable materials. They are designed to protect every surface of your product during transit and storage by eliminating impact and abrasion. Moreover, the cardboard edge protectors are flexible and so can be used on a wide range of products that vary in size and shape. Thus, we can safely conclude that these edge guards are a quick and effective way to safeguard your products.
What Are The Types Of Cardboard Edge Protectors?
U-shaped edge protectors
The U-shaped cardboard edges are designed to grip wooden boards, furniture, shelving, tables and other such things.
These 3-D edge protectors provide extra support and protection to the corners of boxes and palletised goods. These prove to be very useful in packing items like the flooring tiles.
V-Shaped edge protectors
These are with a built-in puzzle shape cut. And is manufactured with die-cut without the help of an adhesive or any tool. And the V-shaped protectors are very versatile.
L-shaped edge protectors
These cardboard edges are perfect if you are thinking about protecting individual units of carton boxes. It is versatile and so can easily be used on non-standard sized items and those that wouldn’t be palletised.
Rounded Cardboard Edge Protectors
These type of cardboard edges have rounded corners with a radius of 6-8 mm. This unique design helps in increasing the resistance of the product to compression by the packing tapes. They protect carton boxes, end faces and packages of sheet materials. They are widely used in packing vegetables and fruits into a cardboard box and then stacking them on pallets.
What Are The Advantages Of Using Cardboard Edge Protectors?
Using these popular protection products will benefit you in several ways:
- Cardboard edge protectors are highly customisable, and so it can be made to fit any irregular shape. You can customise its, length, strength, print and colour. You can also take the liberty of determining the size of both the sides of the edge protectors; they both can also vary in sizes.
- As it is made of cardboard, it offers edging protection at an affordable price range. And so you need not be anxious about spending a considerable part of your capital for packing aids.
- Primarily, it is useful in providing the inner strength for cardboard boxes. To prevent it from collapsing and remain stable. Apart from providing structural stability, when placed on all four sides of the box, it increases the stacking strength of pallets; therefore, it enables us to utilise the container to the fullest.
- It is also used as an additional layer, in the edges of products to protect the corners.
- The cardboard edge protectors are available as readymade units. Thus, all you have to do is just to buy them and place it wherever you want.
- These packaging aids prevent the cargo from scattering and the edges of the sheet materials from straps.
- They are available in different forms to serve your needs better. You can get self-adhesive cardboard edge protectors, anti-corrosive edge boards, anti-humidity cardboard edge protectors for using inside a refrigerator, and for fragile surfaces you can use the special cardboard edge protectors for delicate surfaces.
- When used inside boxes, it reinforces it and gives additional strength and increases the stacking ability and compression.
- In warehouses, the items you send in boxes are stacked on pallets and stored. While they are stacked on pallets, they are strapped with steel or nylon wires. These strong materials may damage your box and eventually, your product. But this doesn’t happen if you’ve installed the cardboard edge protectors, the stability they provide prevents the damage.
- Unlike metal or wooden edge protectors, these are made of layers of kraft paper. And so it weighs significantly less, and therefore you need not worry about paying additional shipping charges while ensuring the safety of your products.
- They are recyclable and reusable; this means that they are environmentally friendly. Hence, if you are using cardboard edge protectors, it means that you are doing your part in saving the planet earth by reducing the carbon footprint.
- If you use the cardboard edges, it would be easy to load and unload the boxes.
- When you use cardboard edges, your products become 100% safe, as it would eliminate even the damages that would be made by forklift trucks and other types of equipment.