Cardboard Edge Protectors – If you own a store or run a business, no doubt, like countless others, you would also be concerned about the safety of your products. Whether stored or shipped, your products are prone to damage. When stored, you would face common wear and tear issues, and it may be a problem stacking them. During transit, it may be hard to prevent the apparent dents and bruises that may be caused by the rough handling of the products at the warehouses and while loading and unloading them.
All these are terrific nightmares to those who want to please their customers and establish their brand. And if you are one among them, it would be best if you consider using packaging materials. These aids will help you way more than what you know. One such valuable packaging product are the cardboard edge protectors. The cardboard edges are considered as a boon by many entrepreneurs. But before you set your mind on something and invest your hard-earned money, it would always be best to do your part of the research.
And this article is precisely intended to help you do so. As you scroll down, you will gain in-depth knowledge about cardboard edge protectors and how they work. You will also get to know the benefits of using the edge protectors.
Cardboard Edge Protectors- What Are They?
The right-angled solid boards which are made from multiple layers of kraft paper, intended to safeguard the edges of objects are called cardboard edge protectors. These cardboards eliminate impact and abrasion of your product during transit and storage, and therefore they can protect any kind of surface. And so these are the most widely known way, which is quick and effective to safeguard your valuable possessions.
How Does Cardboard Edge Protectors work?
The cardboard edge protectors are primarily used to prevent the bumps and bashes and therefore to protect the edges of boxes and palletised boxes. But you can use them in multiple other ways too. For example, the stacked cardboard boxes are wound together with straps to let them stay firm on pallets, at those times the cardboard edges protect the edges of those boxes from being damaged by those tight fixings.
The edge guards are also used to add structure and strength to boxes on a pallet. It is especially useful when shrink and film wrap are used. As they add design and stabilising loads, it not only prevents the knocks and bumps it prevents the boxes from collapsing under their own weight or being punctured during movement.
There are a few specialised edge protectors, which apart from providing edging protection will also help you in other functional aspects. For instance, moisture-resistant edge guards will be of great help to you if your packages are to be stored in cold or damp locations for a period of time. So these ploy-coated white paper moisture-resistant edge guards while offering protection to stackable pallet loads that are held with fixings will also protect your boxes from getting wet and hence damaged. Therefore they protect, stabilise and reinforce unstable pallets during transport and storage.
If you have packages of various sizes, cardboard edge protectors could be a boon to you. With these, it could be easy for you to store them in pallets, lift and shift them. In humid conditions, the cardboard edges will be of great aid to add reinforcements to carton boxes.
Although they primarily work to protect the edges, it is more useful for handling pressure under fixing straps.
What Are The Types Of Cardboard Edge Protectors?
V-shaped edge guards
The versatile cardboard edge protectors with built-in puzzle shape cut are known as V-shaped edge protectors. These are manufactured with die-cut without using any type of adhesive or tool.
U-shaped edge guards
These type of edges are “U” in shape, and so they will easily grip furniture, tables, shelving, wooden boards and other such items.
What Are The Perks Of Using Cardboard Edge Protectors?
- As the cardboard edge protectors are flexible, you can use them on a wide range of products irrespective of the size and shape.
- As the edge guards are most commonly made of kraft paper and recycled cardboard, they are environmentally friendly; which means that you will be helping the planet earth by reducing your carbon footprint.
- They provide additional structure, stability and strength.
- Because they are made of kraft paper and recycled cardboard, they are affordable and costs less than many other counterparts like metal and wooden edge guards. So you can forget about spending vast amounts of your capital in packaging materials.
- They can be coloured and printed, and therefore, it would facilitate your imprinting your brand in others mind.
- Because they are made from recycled cardboard, they are reusable.
- The cardboard edge guards are light in weight, and so you need not worry about paying extra for your freight charges.
- Though there are other options such as metal and plastic edges, cardboards edge protectors are better. In spite of being costly, the metal edge guards, require high maintenance, as you must continuously keep it away from rust, embrittlement and heat. In comparison, cardboard edge protectors require nearly zero maintenance. Moreover, they are long-lasting and reusable.
- And the available options are many when it comes to cardboard edge guards. So you can choose the one that would best suit your product. In the market, you can get corner protectors, ID protectors, OD protectors, U-profile cardboard edges and many more. To load pallets, you can use edge protectors, and for rolled goods, you can use circle edge protectors.
- Apart from serving its purpose in packaging, you can also use it to protect appliances, rare pieces of wood, machinery and other items. They will reduce common wear and tear and bruising.
- Because it covers edges, including sharp edges of objects and packages, apart from protecting material things it is also beneficial for humans. It will eliminate the harm that would be caused to the people who are carrying them.