Heavy duty cores – The packaging is a game-changer in every business. A company can thrive and prosper only if it offers quality products and services. The quality of packaging materials is as important as the product itself. We say so, because, these are the items that safeguard your product during storage and transit. Many business owners use cardboard cores and tubes to store, pack and ship their items. Apart from helping you save space, these tubes protect your products even for years. Usual wear and tear are bound to occur to every item that is been stored for a period of time. When stored in tubes or wound over cores you can minimise such damages.
But many wonder if heavy-duty cores are truly reliable. If that is the question bothering you, rest assured. As we are all set to get you covered. This article will give you an in-depth study of heavy-duty cardboard cores and their uses. You will also know about its features. As a result, by the time you complete reading this article, you can conclude and start trusting cardboard tubes.
So, without any further ado, let us get started.
What Are Heavy-Duty Cores?
Cardboard cores in general are sturdy cardboard cylinders used for packaging stuff. It is made of wood pulp fibre and is used as a base around which you can wind materials for storage and distribution. Initially, the kraft paper is cut into ribbons and spiral wound around a mandrel to form this robust cylindrical structure which can be used in various ways. It is used in multiple industries, which include, the adhesive industry, fabric industry, electrical industry, paper industry and many more. The cardboard cores are available in virtually limitless options. You can get them in various lengths, diameters, wall thickness, inner diameter and outer diameter. The cores available in the market are of a wide range, which includes, flexible film cores, textile cores, tape cores, label cores, industrial paper cores, and many more. Cores are manufactured based on the intended usage. Less durable and thinner cores are used for daily use items which have low impact, whereas heavy-duty cardboard cores are manufactured for industrial and high impact usages. Heavy-duty cardboard cores come with more wall thickness and strength.
How are Cardboard Cores Designed?
Initially, large sheets of paper or cardboard are cut into thin ribbons. And then an adhesive coating is added to the ribbons, after which they are wound straight or at an angle around a mandrel that is configured into the designated shape. It is to be noted that most of the cardboard tubes are spiral wound, which ensures their sturdiness and hence the reliability. For heavy-duty cores, manufacturers add multiple layers of these ribbons. Additionally, heavy-duty cores are also expected to be waterproof and water-resistant, and therefore, adhesives and interior waterproof sealing layers are added during the fabricating process. To do that a mixture of resin, wood pulp and adhesive is made which will be cured and sent through curing within an oven. During this heat treatment, the pulp melds with the adhesives and produces a final product that is strengthened, more durable and resilient. This process makes heavy-duty cardboard cores more reliable and lets you stay stress-free about your product wound over it. Because moisture and humidity cannot collapse the core and thereby result in your product damage.
How To Take Proper Care of Heavy Duty Paper Tubes?
Cardboard tubes are fairly durable and recyclable, yet it needs to be taken good care of, to be used for a long time.
Usage: During usage, it is better to keep them away from rain and snow, even during transit. And also be aware of the heat sources near your cores, because the paper tubes are very much flammable. Take extra care, to avoid sparks and open flames.
What Are The Advantages Of Using Heavy-Duty Cores?
- Heavy-duty cores do not collapse easily and therefore will help in forming a sturdy base for your items.
- As heavy-duty cardboard cores are made to be heat and water-resistant, you need not stress yourself too much about the product, once you have shipped them you can rest assured that it will reach your customers in a good condition.
- You can also use heavy-duty cores to create brand awareness. you can do that by printing your logo on it and choosing your brand colour.
- Although they are strong and resilient, they are light in weight. Therefore, you need not bother about paying a hefty shipping price.
- As they are made from wood pulp fibre, which is a renewable source, there is no need for you to feel guilty about depleting the earth resources.
- Heavy-duty cardboard cores and tubes are reusable. So, once you have purchased them, you can reuse it multiple times before it becomes worn out.
- Even if it does get worn out or damaged, you can still reuse them, as they are recyclable.
- You can use them for textiles, film stretches, labels and many more.