“Paper Tubes – Branding is what people say about you when you are not in the room”
Yes! branding is a very effective tool to improve and boost your business. And do not forget that word of mouth is a very effective way to create brand awareness. There are several ways to create brand awareness, among them one of the best ways to do so is by offering quality packaging. No doubt you would have heard the famous saying that tells us the importance of first impressions. It says, ‘the first impression is the best impression’, in terms of a parcel, its packaging offers the first impression. Although the quality of the product itself is important, the way it is packed can tell a lot about you and your brand. High quality and innovative packaging can create a huge impact on your packaging. As much as the quality of packaging material is considered to be important, its shape, style and design are also equally important.
There are several packaging materials available in the market and each one has unique purposes and serves different purposes. But Paper Tube Packaging is one of the best ways to pack fragile items and other things that have to be rolled. But how can they be used and utilized to the fullest? This article will explain answers to such questions.
What Are Paper Tubes?
Paper tubes are cylindrical structures that are made either from paper or paperboard. The paper or paperboard sheet layers are laminated or bonded together using adhesives and wound over a mandrel and hence the resultant tube is hollow, strong and robust. The thickness of the wall can be made in different measurements depending upon the number of paper layers wrapped around it in the manufacturing process.
They are known with several names like postal tubes, fibre tubes, paper tubing, paperboard tubes, paper cores, cardboard tubes, paper cans, paper tubing, wound tubes, composite cans and fibre drums. However, the widely used misnomer is the term “cardboard tube“. But remember that cardboard should consist of three layers of kraft paper, with one of them being the central corrugated layer.
What Are The Different Shapes Of Paper Tubes?
The most common type of paper tubes that we often get to see has a cylindrical shape or round cross-section. But they can be made in different shapes like oval, square triangular and hexagonal. The best part is that you can also get custom paper tube packaging in the shape of your desire. These custom shapes will be helpful to pack a specific part of an item or an odd-shaped item. Therefore you can eliminate the need for additional space and save packaging material along with space. You can also get tapered paper tubes that are also known as paper cones. They are made with the help of a cone-shaped mandrel.
The paper tubes are also available with a slit or cut along their length. With that, you can make half-shells that will help in covering large rolls and therefore will give additional protection. They can also be reconnected with a tape or with h-profiles.
What Are The Various Ways In Which Paper Tubes Can Be Used?
How paper tubes can be used are virtually limitless. Let’s consider a few of them:-
- Cone-shaped tube, i.e., paper cones can be used in the textile industry as yarn carriers.
- The food-grade tubes can be used as cans to hold in food. The can be used in packaging and storing beverages and other food items like chips.
- They can also be used to store and transport rollable materials like maps, documents., posters, paintings and many more.
- Paper tubes can also be used as cores when they are made as a heavy-walled tube. And so they can be used in winding webs or sheets of flexible material into rolls.
- If you are worried about safely transporting fragile items, paper tubes can be your saviours. With them, you can safely ship the items without worrying about product damage o abrasion during shipment.
- Paper cores can also be used as elements in a machine.
- Convoluted paper tubes are sturdy and robust and can be used in winding large rolls in paper mills or in a plastic film production plant.
- Paper tubes with smaller diameters can be used for winding labels, adhesive tapes, paper, tissue, plastic film or paper towels. They make packaging and dispensing of the product easier.
- Paper tubes are also used as straws, through which you can enjoy sipping your favourite beverages.
- They are used in science and craft as pyrotechnic tubes. And can be used in fireworks, explosive bolts and many more.
- In some places, paper tubes act as display poles. They are used to support signs in stores and exhibitions.
- They can be used as spacers as well. The paper tubes are used within other packages to prevent movement and thereby protect the product from damage during transit. At times they are also used to reinforce corner posts and supports within packages.
- Concerning the fibrous structure of paperboard, they have the natural ability to dampen vibration. Moreover, when compared to metal tubing, paper tubes have better thermal insulating properties and so can be used as insulators.
- When specialized dielectric crepe or kraft papers are used in a paper board, they can offer electric insulation.
- Heavy-duty paperboard tubes also have architectural uses. Commonly known as sonotubes, these are used in building constructions as a framework for concrete pillars, columns and other structures like stub piers and light poles.
- The spiral wound caulking tubes are used in construction to help in dispensing caulk.
How To Reuse Paper Tubes?
The best part of per tubes is that they can be recycled and reused. Now let us consider a few ways in which these versatile elements can be reused:-
Organize Your Supplies
Do you love your desk? Then you can decorate and make it functional by making a handy organizer fr it from old paper tubes. To prepare that. all you have to do is to cut them into different sizes and arrange them in a small box and glue them. And then you can decorate it based on your creativity.
Store grocery bags
Letting your grocery bags be here and there can create a lot of mess in the house. Instead, you can convert a paper tube into a plastic grocery bag container. It will save space and when kept in your car you will always have a trash bag handy when in need.