Cardboard paper tubes – If you are an entrepreneur who sells goods online, you might indeed be excited about these statics. At the same time, you would also be aware of the fact that the consumers are quite sceptical about the services until they start trusting your brand.
Your product should reach the buyer in an excellent state to earn their trust. It shouldn’t get damaged during transit or storage in a warehouse; This is of utmost concern to most of the sellers. This is when we think of packaging materials. On such item which safeguards your products are cardboard paper tubes.
But you may wonder, what are these? How are they made? What purposes do they serve? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. You can find answers to all such queries in this article.
What Are Cardboard Paper Tubes?
These are cylinder-shaped components, obviously in the form of a tube. It is made primarily for mailing and shipping purposes, and therefore they are also known as mailing tubes and shipping tubes. Besides, it is useful in numerous other ways too.
Although paper tubes look similar to cardboard cores, they differ in function. A paper tube holds your product inside it to offer protection, whilst a paper core is used to wrap the product around it.
What Is The Origin Of Cardboard Paper Tubes?
The origin of cardboard tubes is connected with the invention of both paper and cardboard. As, per records in 105 AD, a servant of the Chinese emperor Ho Ti, made pulp from rags and fishing nets to make paper. And in the 1600s for the first time, Chinese people made a thick proto-cardboard and used it for packaging.
A revolution started in the industry during the 1800s after the invention of the wood grinding machine. The manufacturers used these machines, to grind wood into pulp and thus they made paper. Later it was fabricated to make cardboard boxes by a Scottish- American Robert Blair in 1890. Since then, cardboard boxes were used to ship flat items. Eventually, around 1903, in London paper tubes were manufactured for storage purposes.
And as science and technology have seen rapid growth, paper tube manufacturers took advantage of it to improvise the tubes for better efficiency.
How Are Cardboard Paper Tubes Manufactured?
The paper or cardboard used to make these postal tubes are initially cut into ribbons, and then adhesives are added to it. Finally, the ribbons are wound over the mandrel one on top of the other to form a cylindrical shape. This process in the making of the tubes, gives it more strength, preventing it from collapsing or shrinking.
For heavy-duty applications, the cardboard tube has to be waterproof and water-resistant. To achieve this result during the fabrication, the manufacturers add additional adhesives and an interior waterproof layer. Afterwards, the mixture of resin, glue and wood pulp is cured and sent into an oven for further curing. This heating process helps in achieving a more durable and weather-proof tube.
What Are The Types Of Cardboard Paper Tubes?
There are different types of cardboard paper tubes, and each one serves a different purpose.
These are used to shield delicate objects during transportation. They prevent the items from bumping, denting or breaking while in transit. It is useful to mail items such as maps, posters, documents, unframed pieces of artwork and other things that can be rolled into the shape of a cylinder.
These are heavy-duty cardboard tubes that are used to make concrete pillars. Therefore, it is most commonly used by contractors and construction businesses.
These are called so because they are made from high-quality kraft paper. These type of tubes are most commonly used as postal tubes for shipping and packaging purposes as they are very resilient and can endure stress and pressure.
These are spirally wound tubes and are primarily used for construction purposes; to dispense caulk that are used to seal seams and joints.
These are useful in packing goods such as food items and cosmetics.
What Are The Properties And Uses Of Cardboard Paper Tubes?
- 100 recycled materials are used to make cardoard paper tubes; thus, it is very environment friendly.
- As it is made in vibrant colours as well, apart from the conventional method, you can also use it as gift boxes.
- You can also get it printed. The print can be customized to suit your marketing requirements. And so your products stand-out when they are shipped using posting tubes. The very first impression your client gets about you is very appealing. So no one can ignore your brand.
- They are made in different standard sizes, yet you can also get bespoke products at custom sizes as per your requirements.
- Because of its shape, it saves a lot more space.
- Paper tubes are a cost-effective way of transporting materials. As the core material is paper, it initially costs less, reducing your investment. And even during transit, because of its lightweight, it would considerably reduce the freight charges.
- These mailing tubes are recyclable and reusable, unlike plastic bags. Which means, by using our postal cylinder tubes, you show that you love our planet, as you are producing less amount of trash and reducing your carbon footprint.
- You can use it for multi-purposes, for shipping, packaging, party decoration, craft, DIY, flower decorations and for many other purposes.
- The end caps, hold the material in it secure and does not allow it to pop off during shipment.
You can protect your document or artwork from creasing by using these cylindrical mailing tubes.